Myofascial Release in Park City, UT
At Green Apple Wellness, we address myofascial pain syndrome, among other ailments that impact our quality of life. We offer quality chiropractic care and therapeutic massages to our patients. Our chiropractor also provides trigger point massage to increase blood's muscular flow to enhance pain management and improve the healing process. We specifically aim at restoring flexibility and support for the musculoskeletal system.
What Is Myofascial Release?
Myofascial release is an effective hands-on soft tissue treatment of skeletal muscle pain. The technique involves applying gentle pressure into connective tissue and fascia. The pain originates from knots causing discomfort. If not addressed on time, the disorder can lead to fatigue, depression, and behavioral disturbances. Nearly everyone experiences myofascial pain syndrome in their life. But if you experience muscle pain that persists despite self-care measures, make an appointment with our doctor for specialized myofascial release therapy.
Causes of Myofascial Pain
While the exact cause of chronic myofascial pain is still unknown, the condition is linked to several factors, including:
- Muscle injury due to strain or lack of muscle activity
- Too much exposure to a cold environment
- Chronic infections
- Emotional stress causes muscle tension
- Metabolic or hormonal problems such as diabetic neuropathy
- Poor posture
- Vitamin D and folate deficiencies
How to Manage Myofascial Pain
With a few easy techniques, you can ease the tension and reduce the pain right at home. Here are some self-care measures that can relieve myofascial pain.
- Relax and get enough rest: Excessive stress and tension cause more pain. Stress-relieving activity can all be helpful.
- Body care: Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your deity and get enough sleep so that you can put your energy to cope with your pain.
- Exercise: Ask your physical therapist about appropriate exercises which can help you cope better with pain.
Benefits of Myofascial Release
Managing knots can reduce discomfort associated with neck pain or tightness and severe headaches. Myofascial release at our office provides various benefits, including:
- Reduce pain, and it's an alternative medicine to removing trigger points
- Improve range of motion and flexibility
- Remedy to soreness and enhances the tissue recovery process
- Enhance circulation and muscle function
Contact Us for Alternative Medicine from Our Chiropractor in Park City
If you want to boost your health and flexibility, Green Apple Wellness Center in Park City, UT, is here at your service. At Green Apple Wellness, we are committed to finding the root cause of your pain or discomfort. Our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system before creating a treatment plan customized to your needs. Our specialist will apply pressure in the skeletal muscle to relax the muscles and enhance pain relief from trigger points.
Our chiropractic team is also experienced in providing chiropractic services as an alternative medicine to relieve upper and lower back pain. To get more information regarding our chiropractic services or to schedule an appointment with our experienced chiropractor, call us at today.