Muscle Stimulation (E-Stim)

Understanding E-Stim

When most people consider going to a chiropractor, they envision the doctor using their hands to provide manual adjustments on their spine for optimal realignment. While these spinal adjustments are an essential tool in our chiropractic care, it isn't the only thing we have to offer. At Green Apple Wellness Center, we are trained in offering various other methods to provide patients a wider variety of treatment options. This helps our patients find the best treatment or treatments depending on their needs. One of these effective treatment options is Electronic Muscle Stimulation or E-Stim.

Female with device on back

What Is E-Stim, and What Is It Used For?

Electric Muscle Stimulation is a therapy used for treating muscle spasms and tissue pain. With this treatment, currents are sent through the muscles in order to help them contract. This process can alleviate pain, reduce swelling in the area, and even help tone some of the muscle tissues.

E-Stim can also be more efficient than other ways of contracting muscles. If you try and contract your muscles on your own, you will only be able to contract 30% of your muscle fibers, and the other 70% stay inactive until they are forced to participate. However, because E-Stim can tap into these muscles even as they are at rest, it allows for strength building, facilitating healing, and increasing the chance that those muscles will handle whatever challenges come their way going forward. Some other benefits of E-Stim include:

  • Better joint stability
  • Better endurance
  • Increased blood circulation
  • Reduced inflammation
  • Less nerve-related pain

Healing and recovery are common goals for patients who see our chiropractor, but injury prevention is also an essential part of the equation. For athletes and other active people, E-Stim can be a vital part of their training process that helps them reach their athletic and fitness goals.

What to Expect from Electric Muscle Stimulation

If E-Stim is new to you, it is natural to be a bit concerned about what to expect. Typically, an electric stimulation session lasts 10 to 15 minutes. Our chiropractor will monitor you to ensure that the intensity stays low. The exact duration of treatment depends on your injury or health goals. E-Stim therapy can also be used to complement other types of exercise or physical therapy in order to give you the best results.

Contact Us for Muscle Spasm Treatment and Pain Relief in Park City, UT

To learn more about Electric Muscle Stimulation or other therapies we offer, contact us at Green Apple Wellness Center in Park City. Our professional staff is dedicated to providing our patients whatever care they need to live pain-free lives. Our chiropractor will work with you every step of the way to ensure optimal relief. Call us at (435) 513-0983 to schedule your first consultation. 

Hours of Operation

Our Regular Schedule

Monday

9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Tuesday

emergencies only

Wednesday

9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Thursday

3:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Friday

emergencies only

Saturday

9:00 am - 12:00 pm

Sunday

Closed

Monday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday
emergencies only
Wednesday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Friday
emergencies only
Saturday
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday
Closed

Location

Find us on the map